Chef Madeleine Dee's Blueberry-Lemon Bread Pudding
Recipes don't get much easier than this! The perfect way to treat your mama this Mother's Day. :)
Chef Madeleine Dee’s Blueberry-Lemon Bread Pudding
Makes 12 small portions
1 generous cup caramel sauce
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 generous tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Zest of 1 large lemon
6 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 French baguette, cubed
1 cup fresh blueberries
PAM baking spray
Microplane or citrus zester
Medium sized sauce pot
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Bring the caramel sauce, heavy cream, and salt to a boil in a medium sized sauce pot on the stove, stirring frequently. When the mixture begins to rise, immediately remove it from the heat and stir well. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla, lemon zest, eggs, and light brown sugar. Slowly pour in the creamy caramel mixture from Step 1, whisking as you pour. Be sure you’ve allowed it to cool first - if not, you may end up with scrambled eggs! Stir until smooth.
3. Add the bread cubes to the bowl, tossing gently, and allow them to soak up the custard for at least 30 minutes (or up to 12 hours).
4. When you’re ready to bake, very gently mix the fresh blueberries in. Coat each cup of your muffin tin with baking spray and split the bread/custard between them. Spoon the remaining sauce on top until the cups are filled, then gently place the tin in the oven.
5. Bake on the middle shelf for 25-30 minutes, or until the puddings are golden brown, shiny, and puffed up. Allow them to rest on the counter for at least 10 minutes, then serve the adorable portions in pretty bowls, topped with Fond Originals Blueberry-Lemon Jam and vanilla bean ice cream!